There are a lot of acronyms thrown around when it comes to key opinion leaders (KOLs), digital opinion leaders (DOLs) and healthcare providers (HCPs). Can you decipher the difference between for example a KOL and a DOL? Are there other types of thought leaders?
Listen as Stacey Rivkin, VP of Strategic Solutions, H1, breaks down the undiscovered categories of key opinion leaders (KOLs)–maybe ones you haven’t even considered like treatment leaders or what we at H1 call Uncut GEMS. What is an uncut GEM and where can you find them?
Are these people always M.D.s? Ex. Can a nurse practitioner be a KOL? There is a treasure trove of untapped thought leaders.
H1’s Toward Health Podcast: Episode #6 Stacey Rivkin – Uncut GEMS: How Treatment Leaders will Revolutionize Pharma and Where to Find Them (with Stacey Rivkin)
Listen to discover:
- Rivkin’s background in the industry
- Some of the changes she’s seen in the pharma, biotech and life sciences industry in the last couple years
- An overview of the different types of key opinion leaders (KOLs) that Medical Affairs teams and Medical Science Liaisons seek out and interact with
- The term Uncut GEMs – what this means, who these people are, and why this segment of KOLs is considered untapped
- How the term KOL can encompass a lot of different providers, and how this is important to diversify the pool of thought leaders that Pharma engages with